I will be preparing 4 recipes:
1) Green Smoothie
2) Simple Massaged-Kale Salad
3) Vegan “Meat”loaf and Garlicky Cauliflower Puree
4) Triple Chocolate Cake
All attendees will enjoy a full dinner (not just samples) and a My Eclectic Kitchen Goodie Bag!
To reserve your seat for only $5, click here.
This event is a graduation celebration for participants of the 28-day Engine 2 Challenge, based on Rip Esselstyn‘s Engine 2 Diet book, but anyone who enjoys healthy nutritious food is invited to attend! All recipes demonstrated and served will be Engine 2 diet compliant, meaning they will be whole-foods, plant-based, low in sugar and salt, and free of oil and refined ingredients. That said, I promise the menu will be delicious!
Again, don’t forget to reserve your seat before the event fills up! The cost is only $5. What a deal!
Whole Foods Market is one of my favorite places to pick up produce, specialty flours and grains, snacks, plant-based milks, personal care, home cleaning supplies, and ready-made foods.
I took a tour of Whole Foods Market in Torrance recently and learned a great deal, and I compiled a list of things that you might be able to benefit from!
Did you know…
1) If you need only half of a cabbage or watermelon, they will cut half of it for you to purchase.
2) On Wednesdays, at the salad bar and hot bar, get $2 off per pound. Some locations only offer $1 off (like Arroyo, Pasadena)
3) Get 10% off if you purchase one case of produce.
4) Whole Foods Market has a Health Starts Here Program to guide wise nutrition choices. When foods are marked with the Health Starts Here symbol, as pictured below, those items have no added oils, they’re low in salt and fat, and they are made with whole-foods. Unfortunately, not all of them are vegan and gluten-free, so make sure to read the list of ingredients to ensure they are aligned with whichever diet you follow.
5) Engine 2 Diet products, which are plant-strong, low in sugar and salt, and oil-free can be found all over the store, from frozen burger patties (which are delicious), to almond milk, hummus, cereal, and crackers. The list goes on.
6) Almost every Whole Foods location has an on-going or upcoming Engine 2 Diet Challenge. Call your local Whole Foods location for details. Some challenges are online and there are a few that have weekly meet-ups.
Share on Facebook