When you want to do something thoughtful and delightful for your sweetheart or for yourself any time of the year, try this super easy treat. You can use this recipe to dip any fruit that you wish, from strawberries, mandarin oranges, to kiwi, and pineapple!
To add a little more excitement, sprinkle on some hemp seeds, chopped pistachios, walnuts, goji berries, or a combination of them all. You probably already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen, so get up and whip these up in no time!
Have fun with it!! Dip other fruits in chocolate! My chocolate-dipped mandarin oranges were so delicious. By the way, I decided to dip oranges, too, because I found both the strawberries and these delicious mandarin oranges at my local Farmers Market. If I saw a pineapple or kiwi, I would have dipped them in chocolate, too! If you try it, please let me know how they turned out! Hope you have a happy Valentine’s Day!
This recipe was inspired by ingredients that Nutiva brand and Vitacost kindly sent to me. At Vitacost, you can find a variety of Nutiva products, from hemp seeds, chia seeds, to hemp proteins and coconut oil. Click here for a full list of Nutiva brand products at Vitacost. Also, click on the ingredients links to purchase the same ingredients I used to make my Chocolate-dipped fruit.
Chocolate-dipped Strawberries (and other fruit)
2 cups strawberries, rinsed and dried (mandarin orange segments, pineapple, kiwi)
pumpkin seeds, chopped
goji berries, chopped
4 Tbsp Nutiva Coconut oil, melted
4 Tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 drops stevia liquid
1. Rinse strawberries in water then wipe dry. Alternatively, peel a mandarin orange and peel it so you get segments. Chill in the refrigerator.
2. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. If you choose to coat your chocolate-covered fruit with toppings, prepare your desired toppings, about ¾ cups worth. Mix the toppings and place them onto a plate. Set aside.
4. Prepare the chocolate in a small bowl. Combine all of the ingredients, whisking them together with a fork. Sweeten to taste. Put a large spoon in the bowl and place the plate with the toppings next to the bowl.
5. Retrieve the fruit from the refrigerator. You will need to move swiftly as you coat the fruit and dip or sprinkle them with toppings. Please read the following instructions before coating and dipping the fruit. With one hand, hold the fruit over the bowl of chocolate. Using the spoon, pour the chocolate very quickly over the fruit, turning it to coat completely with chocolate. Before the chocolate freezes, dip the fruit in the topping, rolling it to cover the chocolate with as much topping as you can. As you roll it, use your empty hand to sprinkle more crunchy topping onto the chocolate. Alternatively, just sprinkle the toppings on.
6. Place the finished dipped fruit onto the half sheet pan and place them in the refrigerator immediately until set and ready to eat.Share on Facebook