Thanksgiving is fast approaching and my lovely friend, Jasmine Briones, and I want to make your Thanksgiving one to remember! We created a bountiful feast for our readers to enjoy, which consists of 13 deliciously tantalizing recipes that will make everybody’s taste buds dance for joy! We’re referring to this collection of recipes as our Sweet Eclectic Thanksgiving celebration!
This easy and flavorful mushroom gravy goes perfectly with Cauliflower Puree and “Meat”loaf. The caramelized mushrooms and port wine give this gravy a nice richness, the herbs bring it to life, and the arrowroot thickens the gravy while giving it a glossy sheen. I like to make this gravy a day in advance so that the flavors merry well together overnight.
We hope you enjoy it!
Please make sure to tag us on
and hashtag #SweetEclecticThanksgiving #MyEclecticKitchen if you recreate any of our recipes! We would love to see your photos and Thanksgiving feasts!
Time: 30 minutes
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp thyme, chopped
10 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp port
2 ½ cup vegetable stock
1 Tbsp arrowroot, ground
1/8 tsp parsley, chopped
1/8 tsp sage, chopped
1 pinch rosemary, chopped
Note: This recipe can be made one day in advance.
1. In a medium saucepot, add onions, garlic, and thyme. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onions turn translucent and just start to brown. About 10 minutes. If the onions and garlic start to stick to the pan, add 2 Tbsp vegetable stock.
2. Add the crimini mushrooms, sea salt, pepper, and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, stirring often. This can take 10 minutes.
3. Add the port and stir for about 1 ½ minutes.
4. Measure out the vegetable stock. Dissolve the arrowroot into the vegetable stock by whisking it with a small whisk or fork.
5. Add the vegetable stock and arrowroot mixture to the pan. Add the remaining herbs: parsley, sage, and rosemary.
6. Bring the gravy to a boil, then to a low simmer for about 15 minutes. Season to taste. Serve warm.
Share on Facebook