This recipe is dedicated to my husband, Peyman (Pay-mon). He has simple taste when it comes to cookies. He doesn’t like cinnamon and he doesn’t want a cookie tainted with chai rooibos. Lately, I’ve been trying other peoples’ recipes. He hasn’t liked any of them. For some reason, a lot of vegans like to add cinnamon to their chocolate. I don’t happen to love the combo either… well,only with my chocolate chai cookies. Anyway, since Peyman’s been a good sport for the last few weeks with my recipe testing, I made him a treat today: simple chocolate chip cookies. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing him happy after eating a vegan, gluten-free cookie. :)
Here’s the recipe. And just a note, don’t be fooled by the dough– it won’t taste good until cooked, and once cooked, I’ve got to warn you, you may be hooked! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Vegan and Gluten-free!
Time: 40 minutes
Brief: These fluffy and chewy chocolate chip cookies are grain-free, easy to make, and so good!
Diet: V, GF, GFV, DF, SF, NF
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup lukewarm filtered water
1 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 cups garbanzo bean flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Note: I like using Chocolate Dream dairy/gluten/soy-free semi-sweet baking chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the coconut oil, vanilla, filtered water, coconut palm sugar, and sea salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine the garbanzo bean flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Chill the batter in the refrigerator for about 7 minutes prior to scooping. (The more loose your cookie batter is, the more they will spread when they bake).
6. Scoop 2-inch cookie balls onto a half sheet pan, lined with a Silpat mat or parchment paper and press down to flatten them with your hand or a rubber spatula just a bit. You should be able to fit 12 cookies onto a half sheet pan.
7. Bake until they start to just brown at the bottom, for 9-11 minutes, depending on how powerful your oven is.
8. Allow the cookies to rest of the half sheet pan for about 2-3 minutes besides transferring them to a cooling rack.
Note: This recipe makes 24 cookies total. Enjoy and remember, enjoy everything sweet in moderation!
Share on Facebook